Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Halloweenies House

Hi! thanks, gus, for your post!! you are quite articulate for a 3 month old puppy!!

If anyone is not already aware, you can follow the blog for the Halloweenies Home Study, even if you are not participating! If you click on the title of this post, it will take you directly to the blog. Peggy is doing a wonderful job keeping me on track, and stitching daily, with tips from Amy, and photos of her own work. This dilapidated haunted house has been broken into four segments for stitching purposes. January is part 1, then we do two figures in Feb and March, then part 2 of the house in April, etc.

I love the new floor frame I got for Christmas, especially with all my opportunities to hang things from it and attach sundries to it.

Below is my set up for working on the roof. It is upside down because it brings the roof closer to me. I wish I had had the stocking set up this way last fall.



I must have been a difficult child! I remember when making a debut walk with my dad, I was asked to choose a song, and I chose "My Way" by Frank Sinatra. I think my mom suggested it, but if not, she certainly said that it was very fitting! This home study allows for each of us to "do our own thing" in making a unique creation. I am using the stitch guide and thread selection as a jumping off point for the roof, and can't wait to show close up photos. I am thrilled with the way it is turning out!! I see the roof composed of slate tiles, with some of the tiles missing. More on this in a subsequent post~~ suspense is normal in a study of ghosts, and haunted houses, right?

I will try to be more consistent in my posts.
happy haunting!
Kathy

1 comment:

  1. It's looking great (even upside down). Keep us posted - I'd love to see the details...
    Happy Stitchin'...
    Carolyn
    http://www.stitchopedia.com
    An encyclopedia of needlepoint stitches…

    ReplyDelete