Wednesday, April 29, 2009

SPRING CLEANING

Hi all!~

I've had a bit if a lapse in my posts because I have been moving. Sixteen years ago, when we moved into our current home, I had a 4 month old fourth son, and could barely see straight. Not much thought was given on how to use the space in our home, so now, after sixteen years of accumulation, I am pretending I am moving in for the first time. www.clutterdiet.com has been a wonderful resource, providing me with access to five certified professional organizers, and a searchable base of articles and tutorials, as well as a discussion forum full of wonderful people who provide ideas and support. So, my spring cleaning turned into a full time project!

Back to needlepoint: I am going to try something a bit different for the distant snow-covered hill in the Entourage stocking. The metallic silvers seemed too shiny, so I decided to try Accentuate #362. It may not work at all, but it is a nuetral which seemed to be in line with my shadows in the foreground.

Also, I will stitch the near tree and the decorated tree with an irregular continental in dark green vineyard silk with the lighter leaves in Kreinik #16, color 009HL. The highlighted branches will not be as light as painted, but I like the way the dark green contrasts with the distant trees and give the stocking some "punch". I MAY end up doing the name in the Kreinik 009HL on a white cuff. The irregular continental on the front tree, and perhaps a long and short on the back tree will cover the area rapidly, and any detailed stitch would be lost anyway in the dark color.

I miss my stitching and will be back soon. (I hope!!)
Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy,

    Lost your blog and just found it again.

    Enjoyed catching up on all of the posts that I missed. :-)

    Cynthia
    Windy Meadow

    ReplyDelete