Tuesday, March 31, 2009

WHAT KIDS CAN DO TO CANVAS

this post on Janet Perry's blog sure rang true for me.
http://www.nuts-about-needlepoint.com/?p=1819

Why does a mother of four VERY active sons needlepoint? Because, unlike my home, it stays where you put it, it has a basic organization, it's beautiful, and it relaxes me!

I remember when my son George decided to cut something on my desk when he was young. He used a Swiss Army knife and just HAPPENED not to move the beautiful angel needlepoint canvas that was on my desk, resulting in a six inch slice through it. I've kept that canvas for some reason! Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately!) children grow up. I've also kept the egg he painted on canvas. It's mainly blobs of paint.

so, thanks Janet! I can stitch this canvas after all. But, I wonder if I would prefer just framing it and giving it to George.

No comments:

Post a Comment